Room 2503, 200 Queen Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
DX 86, Melbourne
Telephone: +61 3 8600 1716
Clerk: +61 3 9225 6777
Clerk: Youngs List
Owen Dixon Chambers West
Grd Flr, 525 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Admitted to Practice: 07 May 1997
Signed Bar Roll: 27 May 1999
Nationally Accredited Mediator: 20 December 2012
Also Admitted in: Entitled to practice in all Australian jurisdictions
Robert is a member of the Victorian and Tasmanian Bars. He acts in a wide range of commercial disputes, both as sole counsel, and as a junior. He has extensive oral advocacy experience in conducting trials and applications. Robert is briefed regularly to draw pleadings and give advice (in conference and in writing).
In recent years, Robert has obtained significant experience in a broad range of areas including class actions and professional negligence matters. For example, he has:
- acted for the Linking Melbourne Authority in proceedings relating to the East West Link project, a road project in Victoria;
- provided advice to government;
- acted in professional negligence disputes;
- acted as junior counsel in a number of class actions Ð including the Vioxx class action, the Thalidomide class action and the Timbercorp class action;
- conducted investigations for a national sporting body;
- appeared in disciplinary proceedings;
- acted as a mediator.
Robert is very experienced in conducting substantial arbitrations, coronial inquests and disciplinary tribunal hearings. He has appeared in contempt proceedings, asset confiscation proceedings and insolvency proceedings (including liquidator's examinations).
Robert is a qualified arbitrator (Resolution Institute); he is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb); he is an accredited mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation System; he is on the Victorian Small Business Commissioner's List of External Mediators; and he is a member of the Office of Franchising Mediation Adviser's panel of mediators.
He is a member of the Victorian Amateur Football Association Tribunal; and he is the honorary lawyer to the Royal Historical Society of Victoria Inc.
Robert's CV, including a selection of cases in which he has been involved, may be viewed here.
From 01 Jul 2008, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law (Judicial Review)
- Administrative Law (Merits Review)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution/ Mediation
- Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Corporations and Securities
- Defamation, Media & Entertainment
- Energy and Resources
- Equity / Trusts
- Licensing and Disciplinary Tribunals
- Professional Negligence
- Property Law
- Sports Law
- Trade Practices