David H. Denton RFD QC
Level 4, 488 Bourke Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Telephone: 03 9225 8093
Admitted to Practice: 1982
Signed Bar Roll: 1987
Appointed Silk: 2001
Also Admitted in: NSW, QLD, SA
David H Denton QC practises in the commercial and appellate divisions of the Federal Court, the State Supreme Courts; the Planning & Environment Court and in VCAT. He also practises in the superior courts in Fiji and is admitted to the Singapore International Commercial Court.
He has a keen interest in commercial arbitration and in all aspects of company law, especially insolvency and shareholder disputes; planning and environmental torts.
He is a Certified Arbitrator and an experienced nationally accredited Mediator and holds or has held the following positions:
- President, Commercial Bar Association;
- Adjunct Professor, Victoria Law School, Victoria University Melbourne;
- President, Australian Institute for Commercial Arbitration Inc.;
- Chairman, Law Hawks, In-House Legal Coterie, Hawthorn Football Club.
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Arbitration & Mediation
- Commercial Law
- Corporations and Securities Law
- Planning - Environmental Torts
- Property Law
- Technology, Engineering & Construction Disputes